Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

my car sags or sits lower on the passenger side rear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my car sags or sits lower on the passenger side rear?

anyone know why this might be? the suspension is completely stock and the only mods i have are what are listed in my sig...i was thinking maybe i was parked on some crooked slope but i put it on flat ground and it still sat the same...plus i noticed that my front wheels wear on the outside, like when i turn..not the inside, as if i was to have low tire pressure, but just the outside...any reason this might be? im the second owner, you think that might be signs of a wreck? or maybe the frame being tweeked? i cant think of any reason it would sit like this...thanks for your help...its like a inch sag..

Jon
Old 03-22-2005, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
anyone know why this might be? the suspension is completely stock and the only mods i have are what are listed in my sig...i was thinking maybe i was parked on some crooked slope but i put it on flat ground and it still sat the same...plus i noticed that my front wheels wear on the outside, like when i turn..not the inside, as if i was to have low tire pressure, but just the outside...any reason this might be? im the second owner, you think that might be signs of a wreck? or maybe the frame being tweeked? i cant think of any reason it would sit like this...thanks for your help...its like a inch sag..

Jon
Get an alignment done, tire wear as you describe is pretty 'normal' with the stock suspension... let them set the camber a little more negative and you should be fine....
The rear ? Seems to be very common.... I placed a 1/4" rubber disc under the spring (pass. side only), after it compressed it's only 1/8" thick... problem solved, rear is even....
Old 03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by plopp
Get an alignment done, tire wear as you describe is pretty 'normal' with the stock suspension... let them set the camber a little more negative and you should be fine....
The rear ? Seems to be very common.... I placed a 1/4" rubber disc under the spring (pass. side only), after it compressed it's only 1/8" thick... problem solved, rear is even....
really that is something alot of LS1 cars have a problem with? well thats good news..i thought maybe it was tweeked or something...*shew* thanks for the reply man

Jon
Old 03-23-2005, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SilverStreak1830
really that is something alot of LS1 cars have a problem with? well thats good news..i thought maybe it was tweeked or something...*shew* thanks for the reply man

Jon

Rear springs: there are rubber spacers for (up to) $20 a pair out there..... I went to Home Depot and found a rubber gasket that fits perfectly (inner diameter 2.25", outer dia 4") .... well, it's made for a toilet bowl but at $2 a piece I cannot complain....
Old 03-23-2005, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Some say the driver's side is higher because when you sit in it ( assuming 175-225 lbs ) it goes even.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper
Some say the driver's side is higher because when you sit in it ( assuming 175-225 lbs ) it goes even.
That's what several GM techs have told me also. Makes sense.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the way i know is obviously the wheel gap, but also i checked the line that runs down the side of our cars..you know that lil ditch like thing that runs around the whole car...anyhow, i followed it back and the drivers side goes across the top of the wheel and the passenger side goes through the top of the rear wheel....i dont know if you will understand that, but that is also how i judged it...

but thanks for the replys, i appreciate it, b/c i honestly thought my car was jacked up...i was a bit worried...thanks again

Jon

Quick Reply: my car sags or sits lower on the passenger side rear?