Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My SOM SS w/ Hotchkis springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sanders your car looks sweet. I almost got the Hotchkis springs for mine but ended up with a deal on the Pro Kit.m If I keep the Pro kit and put it on my car how much do you think I would have to raise the rear to get it the right height? I'm asking because Im a Tool Maker for a living and I thought I might just make me some spacers for the rears... Maybe make them out of nylon or delrin...
Old 04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

Sanders, good looking car there.......are the springs the 1" drop?....or more?
Old 04-18-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Regular

Y2KMaroonZ, I had the Prokit on my 99 and the rear sat too low for me. I would probably make a 1/2" spacer and try that first. Another problem I had with the Prokit was a very harsh riding rearend that bottomed out easily. That was with Bilstein HDs also. These Hotchkis springs ride MUCH better, even on stock shocks. Personaly, i think a great combo would be Prokit springs in the front, and Hotchkis in the rear. That would provide a very slight rake look and great ride IMO.

Blu Beast, the springs are advertised as a 1" drop. I think its more like 1.5. The Prokit dropped my 99 about 2". They were rated at 1.5.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

Originally Posted by Sanders
Y2KMaroonZ, I had the Prokit on my 99 and the rear sat too low for me. I would probably make a 1/2" spacer and try that first. Another problem I had with the Prokit was a very harsh riding rearend that bottomed out easily. That was with Bilstein HDs also. These Hotchkis springs ride MUCH better, even on stock shocks. Personaly, i think a great combo would be Prokit springs in the front, and Hotchkis in the rear. That would provide a very slight rake look and great ride IMO.

Blu Beast, the springs are advertised as a 1" drop. I think its more like 1.5. The Prokit dropped my 99 about 2". They were rated at 1.5.

Thanks for the info, I have a set of DMS to replace my Eibach's but I think the "rake" might be too much for me......I like the even "squat" of the Hotchkis so I might just sell the DMS's and get Hotchkis instead....
Old 04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Sanders,

I ended up making some perch spacers one side is .800 the other side is .500 because my car seems to be 1/4-5/16 different from side to side so I compensated for it. I may take .125 off them both after I see if this setup is going to settle in or not??? I did notice a big improvement in the ride quality of the rear after putting the spacers on. Seemed like the springs were so short they were not taking up the space in the rear very well and it rode like crap...

Old 04-18-2005, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2kmaroonz
Sanders,

I ended up making some perch spacers one side is .800 the other side is .500 because my car seems to be 1/4-5/16 different from side to side so I compensated for it. I may take .125 off them both after I see if this setup is going to settle in or not??? I did notice a big improvement in the ride quality of the rear after putting the spacers on. Seemed like the springs were so short they were not taking up the space in the rear very well and it rode like crap...
Thanks, now I can see what my car would look like lowered Very nice

Sanders, your car is gorgeous!!! Once of those pics is my desktop wallpaper on my pc at work
Old 04-19-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

Good work Y2kmaroonZ! You car looks great!

Frosty, thanks for the compliments!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice car looks good. I have the pro kit no complaints yet but when I do I am going to go with some hotchkins.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sanders your car is beautiful. any rubbing yet without the phb or fender rolling?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

o and sanders, you ever think about fillins for the rear where it says camaro under the spoiler? i think that would look hot on your car
Old 04-20-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Qwikz28: Nope, no rubbing problems at all. I didn't have to modify the fender at all. Im running the 50mm offset and they fit perfect. The Nitto 315s do run a little narrower than 315s such as Goodyear GSD3s though. I couldn't be happier with the stance the 17x11s and Hotchkis springs have provided.

I have thought about getting fill-ins for the rear, but I am going to wait till I get my windows tinted. Should be soon though!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frosty
One of those pics is my desktop wallpaper on my pc at work
Ditto...Sanders your car is sharp..love that color.....For all that is interested there is a GP on Hotchkis going on right now at Tbyrne.....great deals if you want springs when you think about the recent price jump with Hotchkis....

John
Old 04-20-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Qwikz28: Nope, no rubbing problems at all. I didn't have to modify the fender at all. Im running the 50mm offset and they fit perfect. The Nitto 315s do run a little narrower than 315s such as Goodyear GSD3s though. I couldn't be happier with the stance the 17x11s and Hotchkis springs have provided.

I have thought about getting fill-ins for the rear, but I am going to wait till I get my windows tinted. Should be soon though!
sanders- i got so many compiments for my tints. my friends say they make the car. they are 15%. only thing is, they are kinda hard to look through at night. its not so bad though. it wouldnt stop me from putting them on again. i wanna get those filllins soon too. nice ride man. i love your setup
Old 04-21-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks man! I had 5% on my 99, so I know it can be hard to see out at night! Especially when backing up.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Sanders could you do me a favor and give me measurements now that you car has settled? Thanks

John
Old 05-12-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks great man , I never get sick of seeing SS's i could look at them for days..

Quick Reply: My SOM SS w/ Hotchkis springs