Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear QA1's dont fit....???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear QA1's dont fit....???

Well I began my QA1 install today and had an immediate problem. In the rear, I am missing the bottom bolts that connect it to the rearend and they dont fit! I bolted them up top just fine but the problem is below...the shock hits against the bracket that it is supposed to bolt into....I have nothing to use to bolt onto the bracket anyway. My bilsteins had a bolt already constructed on it but the QA1's have nothing???? Can anyone help me on this?

BTW - I do have a Moser 12-bolt, could this be why they dont fit like stock? Sorry in advance for all the questions, I am new to suspension........
Old 04-03-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Qa1 sells the "grade 8 bolt kit" for the rears seperately, so you have to buy that as well as your shocks. I got mine from thunder racing for $10. Some people have just went to the hardware store and bought bolts. If I had it to do again that's what I would do because the rear kit uses 4-5 gold washers to make enough space for the shock to avoid contact with the rear end. I really don't like the looks of a bolt with a stack of washers on it attaching my rear shocks to the rear end, but if it works I'll go with it.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

LOL...I was thinking of rigging it up that same way, but I thought there was a better way...lol...I had made plans to head out to the track today so I probably wont install them until next weekend. I really wanted to have them on but ohwell I guess...so how long did it take you to swap the fronts?

Thanks for the tips bud...
Old 04-03-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I worked on them a little bit each day after work, so I didn't really keep track of how long it took. The part that took the longest was compressing the springs. Once you get the shock/spring assembly back together it's cake to put them in. I'm still waiting to do the driver's side because I have to replace the ball joint.
Let me know how you like the 300lb springs. I got them with mine, but I chickened out and used my stock ones.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I just inspected the parts and looks like I was given the 275 weight springs...I wonder if there is much difference between the 275 and 300...hmmm...

I currently have the SLP bilsteins and SLP Eibachs...I did swap the rear Eibachs for the stock springs yesterday. If I go to the track today...think having the SLP stuff with stock springs in the rear will hurt my launches?
Old 04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Teching In

just go to the hardware store.thats what i did,but instead of using a bunch of washers i used just one washer on each end and an aluminum spacer in between the shock and the bracket it worked perfect.in all i think i spent like $4.00
Old 04-03-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99trickin
just go to the hardware store.thats what i did,but instead of using a bunch of washers i used just one washer on each end and an aluminum spacer in between the shock and the bracket it worked perfect.in all i think i spent like $4.00
Yeah I just got back from the hardware store...spent $0.68

The weather is so nice today...DA should definately be good...so I may end up just goin to the track and installing these next weekend...hope my stock springs dont hurt my launch/60' times...

Quick Reply: Rear QA1's dont fit....???