Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Looking and Performing Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Looking and Performing Rotors

Hey guys I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 and I was wondering what you would think the best rotors would be for under 800. I am looking for rotors that will not rust what so ever. I also want them to be shiny so they look nice. Lastly I am lookingfor cross drilled and slotted but they don't have to be slotted, I really want cross drilled.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

I just bought:
Baer 1998/2002 LS1 F-body EradiSpeed Rotors/ThermoQuiet Disc Brake Pad Combo Package from Stealth for $649. Have not installed them yet so cant tell you anything but price and quality and apprearance n the box.........LOOK AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.stealthperf.com/cgi-bin/store/175.html
Good Luck

Eradi-Speed LS1 : Baer 1998/2002 LS1 F-Body EradiSpeed Rotors/ThermoQuiet Disc Brake Pad Combo Package

One pair of front and rear 1998/2002 LS1 EradiSpeed rotors are still a direct OEM replacement, but the "plus" indicated rotors that are of a two-piece design. An EradiSpeed+ hat is CNC machined from billet or forged aluminum and anodized black. The hats and rotors are joined by the same hardware used in Indy cars. With a two-piece design, EradiSpeed+ units provide a welcome reduction in total rotor weight.Front Rotors 1998/2002 LS1 PlusWagner front and rear ThermoQuiet Disc Brake Pads. Friction Materials ThermoQuiet Superior Stopping Power,Quiet Performance,Enhanced Durability Patented IMI Technology and Superior Friction Formulations Enhance Braking in Three Vital Areas: Superior Stopping Power: Today, vehicles of every size and shape have to handle a wide range of brake heat and stress. This is where our OE brake manufacturing expertise makes a difference. Wagner engineers employ the same research, development, and testing used for our original equipment business to create premium, platform-specific brake pads for the aftermarket. The result is the exceptional stopping power of new ThermoQuiet Disc Brake Pads. The superior formulations of ThermoQuiet ensure optimal performance. Quiet Performance: ThermoQuiet pads feature the patented* IMITM Sound InsulatorTM design which represents the next generation in shim technology. With IMI, the insulator and backing plate are one piece, not simply attached with adhesive or rivets. Vibration created during braking is, therefore, distributed over the entire width and depth of the pad. The result is the Quiet Performance of ThermoQuiet. Enhanced Durability: During normal braking, the one-piece insulator and backing plate absorb and dissipate heat over a greater surface area than ordinary pads. Heat causes friction material to break down. Because IMI dissipates more heat, this design results in a longer service life for brake components.*Patent number 5,413,194
Old 04-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Launching!

I just finished installing the eradispeeds on my car about 2 hours ago. The look very nice. I went with the Hawk HPS pads though. The break in time before bedding for these is 400-500 miles so i will check back in after i properly bed them and do some 60-0 times with my g-tech. The reasons i got them was for the lifetime warranty, looks and ability to fit in stock calipers.

Quick Reply: Best Looking and Performing Rotors