Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eradispeed rotors/Hawk pads noise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eradispeed rotors/Hawk pads noise?

I just installed the baer eradispeed rotors and hawk hps pads on my car a couple days ago. I notice when i'm slowing using the breaks at about 40% and up, i can hear a sound, kind of like the sound your engine makes when you use it to slow you down. It's like a really low, quiet vrooom noise. Is this normal? I've never replaced rotors or pads before and don't know if either the rotors or pads usually make this noise. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frontman
I just installed the baer eradispeed rotors and hawk hps pads on my car a couple days ago. I notice when i'm slowing using the breaks at about 40% and up, i can hear a sound, kind of like the sound your engine makes when you use it to slow you down. It's like a really low, quiet vrooom noise. Is this normal? I've never replaced rotors or pads before and don't know if either the rotors or pads usually make this noise. Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing about mine. I also put on Earl's brake lines at the same time as the rotors and pads a week or so ago.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Someone Told me To Use stock pads. Im starting to Wonder?
Old 04-09-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frontman
I have the same noise when I use slotted rotors. It's the slots scraping across the pad face when you brake heavily. I only have the noise when I use a rotor with slots; plain and drilled only rotors don't make this noise. I have Baer drilled/slotted rotors right now (only because they came in the kit, I'm not a big fan of surface treatments anymore) and I hear this noise when I brake hard. There isn't anything wrong.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Launching!

That's the same thing i was told by a friend earlier today. I NEVER heard anything about this before i bought these, kinda pisses me off but i guess i'll live with it.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Its bull.. This is my 3 rd set of baer rotors... Stock pads Baer Rotors = NO NOISE
Old 04-10-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 CETA conv.m6
Its bull.. This is my 3 rd set of baer rotors... Stock pads Baer Rotors = NO NOISE

Well, yours may be quiet, but many cars with slotted or drilled rotors do make noise. You can hear the brake pad "grab" the far side of the slot/hole as it spins back under the pad. This will make a growling or buzzing type noise/feeling. It's normal.

By the way, why are you on your third set of Baer rotors? And which rotors?
Old 04-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Im Going Back To Stock Pads....Hawk Pads Sux
Old 04-10-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you for that formal analysis of Hawk pads.

On the other hand, I've been happy with the performance of mine, even though they have that "buzzing" or "rumbling" sound under aggressive braking. Under normal driving conditions they're virtually silent.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had good to very good luck with Hawk pads. If they "suck" because they make your blingy rotors make noise, that's a rather poor reason. The problem is the rotors, not the pads. So, the rotors might actually suck, but the pads are ok.