Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension problems. need help!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension problems. need help!!!!!!!!!

two things...
1) my suspension makes this gasping cry for help, like a squeek, when i go over bumps and i notice it too when im stopping or when im taking off. has any one had this problem? could it be my shocks? or do yall think something down there needs to be greased?

2) i want to lower my car an inch, but only an inch, i dont want it any lower than an inch, and i obviously dont want my 02 camaro to ride like my 86 camaro. any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2005, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Make the car bounce while standing outside! Obviously don't do body damage, and if someone else can rock the car while you are underneath or on the ground close to attempt pinpointing the squeaks.

This weekend I'm installing a APHR and plan on getting underneath to look for and grease any/all suspension parts that are greaseable. I don't know what and where they are on the F-body's but its always a good idea to keep all your suspension components greased.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok this might be a stupid question, but what kind of grease do you use? i can work on my car, but im not a car wiz or anything, should i take it to someone? hey what about the springs?
Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Spray some WD-40 or any type of lube on the sway bar frame bushings and on the end-links. About every 4-5 months mine will start squeaking.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

bushings probably. you will see grease zerks if you looks around the suspension parts/brakes/inside near the backside of your rims and stuff. it's something you can do yourself
Old 04-11-2005, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

"Spray some WD-40 or any type of lube on the sway bar frame bushings and on the end-links." i know what the sway bar looks like, and the bushings, but these end links you speek of? they can be found where?

Quick Reply: suspension problems. need help!!!!!!!!!