Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

32MM Front 1LE Swaybar - Installation/Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 32MM Front 1LE Swaybar - Installation/Review

Well I'm no professional at write-ups, but I just wanted to let you guys know how my install went. No pics...sorry.

Removing the stock swaybar started out as a breeze, but then I ran into problems with my endlinks. My driver side endlink was damn near impossible to removie, so I moved onto the passenger side and after about 10 minutes I manged to get that one off. Then I went back to the drive side. I sprayed it down with PB blaster and after about 15-20 minutes I finally got that one off, pulled the bolts out of the swaybar bushings and removed the old swaybar.

Onto the exciting part.

I purchased a front 1LE 32MM swaybar from "floman" on here for $55 shipped. I couldn't argue with that because that's around $100 less than an aftermarket one. I knew it would probably be heavier, but it was worth the weight to save $100.

I retained the stock 32MM swaybar bushings that Floyd sent to me because they were in VERY good condtion, but I purchased new endlinks from Thunder Racing. Trying to hold the swaybar in the air and piece together the endlinks was quite a job, so I suggest you get something to hold the swaybar up or have someone help you. My dad got down there and helped me out.

Once we got the endlinks all pieced together we tigtened them up then tightened up the swaybar bushings. I pieced everything back together and finally took it for a drive.

I must say even though I haven't done any spirited driving with it yet, just hitting a couple small curves in my neighborhood and paying attention while I brake I noticed quite a bit of difference.

Even a stock height the car has gotten rid of quite a bit of bodyroll and nose dive while braking.

I hit a turn around 30mph that I usually have to go 18-20mph around and the car stayed steady and level (no body roll) and the rear tires tried to break loose.

I must say overall I'm very happy with my purchase so far and although I have quite the minimal amount of mods this has to be my best mod as of yet.

If anyone is interested in upgrading their stock swaybar to a 32MM and isn't concerned with the weight I say definitely go with a 1LE. I'm assuming they are solid not hollow which makes them heavier, but it's worth the extra money you save IMO.

Joe
Old 04-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

Nice! It's always interesting to hear real world testing from modifications...good to see the install notes and the modification notes.

Last edited by 98t56TA; 04-11-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:04 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah I love to hear it when someone on this board or someone in person lets me know how mods went. That way I'm not going by advertisments and what not. I've researched on this board every single mod I have and everyone I'm going to buy, so whenever I can I try to give back to those in search for help and those that have helped me.

Thanks for replying I thought it was a lost cause that I typed all that.

Quick Reply: 32MM Front 1LE Swaybar - Installation/Review