Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

sportline springs<-- need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sportline springs<-- need help

i just recently bought some eibach sportlines for my LS1. i was wondering if i had to replace shocks/struts, etc. on the car. or could i just swap the stock springs with the sportlines. also would i have a big clearance issue with these. ive seen that most everyone go with the pro kit. how much of a difference are these two.
thanks for the help
michael

btw is installation a big problem. could i maybe get some links on how to do this.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=6
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=8

i have the sportlines and live on a hill with a shitty driveway and i barely scrape.... i would do shocks/struts at the same time, i didn't do it and I had to do the job twice....
Old 04-12-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

I just changed out the stock springs with sportlines a few years back and am about to change the shocks. Installation isn't too bad, especially in the rear.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the help guys. i decided to just go ahead and swap the shocks/struts now along with the springs. now the problem is, what shocks to buy. do i have to go with some aftermarket ones or just buy stock replacements.
thanks
michael
Old 04-12-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

installation is easy. GET SHOCKS. i'm sick of the ride on my SS w/the stock decarbons. i'm also not satisfied w/the ride, i wanted a stiff and low spring, not a soft and low spring (i didnt do very much looking into before and just looked for drop #s not spring rate). i'm gettin h&r's stage 2s and custom shocks/struts made from my dads racing shop. and not to mention an adjustable panhard bar. i scrape over most speed bumps in parking lots (going over sideways and VERY slow), but i dont scrape my driveway, i also live on a hill (15%). oh, install is easy, but be very patient w/the front.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

damn i guess i should read more...DONT GET OEM!!!! bilstein hd's seems to be what most people get w/sportlines
Old 04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

yeah, thats what I am getting very soon