Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how much to install prokit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how much to install prokit?

I was quoted by a local distributor for 250 after tax for a set of eibach prokit springs but they won't install them. How much should I expect to pay for installation?

Also I'm looking to get some hp racing evos and was wondering what type or brand of lug nut I would use?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default How much to install prokit?

Originally Posted by 98redM6
I was quoted by a local distributor for 250 after tax for a set of eibach prokit springs but they won't install them. How much should I expect to pay for installation?

Also I'm looking to get some hp racing evos and was wondering what type or brand of lug nut I would use?

Any help would be appreciated.
We install the Eibach pro-kit quite frequently at my shop. IF EVERYTHING GOES GOOD, it takes about 30 minutes or so to do both rear springs and takes about an hour a side to do the front ones. Normally however, the nut is rusted on the passenger side strut and even after soaking it down good with penetrating oil, sometimes they still strip coming off therefore, be prepared to also purchase front struts. We have only had this happen once SO FAR but it is a struggle every time we do them. Our labor rate is pretty cheap ($60.00 per hour) therefore, you would be looking at around $150.00 in labor charges (plus sales tax and shop supplies) for us to put the pro-kit in. Keep in mind after this is done, it changes the whole geomentry of the vehicle and it will need to me aligned. Alignment charges vary by locality for vehicles that have been lowered. It could range from $35 to $150.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Teching In

how do u get the hex bold under the master cylinder out without removing the Master cylinder ?? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default how much to install prokit?

Originally Posted by Camaro Junkie
how do u get the hex bold under the master cylinder out without removing the Master cylinder ?? PLEASE HELP!!!!
You don't !

You will need to unbolt the master cylinder from the firewall and CAREFULLY move it out of the way to allow you to get to that particular area.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

well I paid $150 but I know you can get it done for cheaper. Just call around and see
Old 04-15-2005, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

I picked up a set of coil spring compressors, Torx sockets, pickle forks (Latter two I had already) at sears and did it myself. Back takes 15 mins very easy! disconnect bottom of shocks let the rear end down then remove springs. Front takes a little longer. you need to move the master cyl out of the way. use the pickle fork to remove the upper ball joint. use grease on the boot so you dont tear it. To me I feel better about working on my own car then letting a shop do all te work because you learn something out of it and save a few bucks. then maybe you can get some free beers out of helping someone else because you got the tools. Or you could put it back to stock later w/o going thru a shop and spending that money again. up to you though laters.

Quick Reply: how much to install prokit?