Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lower controll arms not even with the ground..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lower controll arms not even with the ground..

I was under my car the other day going to change my snow tires to my summer drag radials and was looking around for maintenance things(brakes,bushings,grease for bushings). I noticed that the lower controll arms are not even to the ground. They are about 1+inches higher on the rear end than where they attach to the front of the car. I know all about lowering a car and the need for relocation brackets but i havent lowered my car, well not with springs anyway. The only think i can think of is the added speaker box/amp and what ever i put in the trunk. The amp and box are 100lbs(weighed them) not to mention the other stuff i keep in the back. Would 150lbs be enough to make the controll arms to be not even with the ground. I think this is why im having major traction problems and i cant hook up at the track despite adj torque arm,sub frames,controll arms and adj rear shocks. I did order the brackets but im still confused how they are not even with the ground(could it just be the added weight to the back) any thoughts would be great..
Old 04-16-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Adding weight compresses the suspension, which is really no different than lowering the car as far as the LCA's are concerned.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats what i thought, which would explain why they are not even to the ground