Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

screeching sound help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screeching sound help!!!!

I have a screeching sound coming form the rear drivers side. It happens when apply the breaks but not when I put alot of pressure on the break. I thought I was the breaks but it also happens when I am on the highway. I can hear it with the windows down. Do you think it is the breaks or bearing ?

Is there a way to pack the bearing with grease? I just got the car and there was no noise when I bought it. It is a 00 z28 that I have put about 1000 miles on it now and it has 94000 on it total. Thanks for any help.

Tim
Old 04-20-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

When is the last time the brakes were serviced? They may be glazed, if the thats the case I think you amy need new pads and a turn of the rotors. But if they were worked on recently and are still pretty good, it may be the bearings. I'm not to up on bearings. Then again even if the pads were new and they weren't bedded properly or you got on them really hard a lot, they could glaze then.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

I don't know the last time they were service as I just bought the car. I orginally thought it was the breaks but I have never had any screech when I don't depress the break petal on any car I have had before. What would glazed pads look like? I also think it only comes form the drivers side.

Tim
Old 04-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Is this it?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=twang
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=twang

Quick Reply: screeching sound help!!!!