Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squeaking sound is outta control

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Squeaking sound is outta control

Just like it says, I'm having alot of squeaking sounds in my car. I have a 2000 SS btw. Anyways, I had a squeaking problem before on the drivers side rear and sprayed it with WD-40 to make it go away. Now I've noticed squeaking coming from all sides of the car. When i press down on the fenders the shocks squeak, and I sprayed all of them with WD-40. My car is not under warranty and I didnt buy it from the Chevy dealership so I cant take it there, but my question is are my shocks going bad??? It's been like this for about a week now and driving me insane. I'll notice it whenever I hit any sort of bump/divet/pothole in the road. I'm thinking its the shocks but I need a second opinion before i go and buy a new set of shocks.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Teching In

I had the same problem on a third gen car I had. It ended up being the nuts on the rear shocks. Where the shock comes up through the rear towers the bolts some how came loose. I pulled back the carpet pulled the nuts to make sure they were not cross threaded, put them back on and tightened them down. Good as new, hope it helps.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help, i'll check those and grease up my swaybar bushings while im at it. I really hate this damn sound.