Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How to check if a car is straight?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to check if a car is straight?

Where do you take a car to check if its square? Like, make sure it hasnt been rocked by a curb or in an accident? Alignment shop? Collision shop? Is there a type of machine i should make sure they have? Like a "LazerGuided-HeatSeeking Frame-O-Matic 2000"

Thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Banned

i took mine to a dealership before i bought it and they did a 110 pont inspection and measured the frame to make sure it wasnt warped. another way to check is if it has the saem sixe tires all around you can wet the driveway and back throught the water and make sure it tracks straight
Old 05-10-2005, 08:52 AM
wrencher

The best place for that would be a body shop that does frame straiting. They could put it on their frame rack Then measure out all the reference points on the uni-body & make sure it's strait.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Alignment will tell if the car is straight.
Being rear wheel drive Rear isnt (factory)adjustable and if the Trust Angle is off then the car will dog track down the road. Even though driving the front is staight(align.) steering wheel straight, have somebody follow you and it Will dogtrack if thrust angle is out of spec.

Quick Reply: How to check if a car is straight?