Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1/ HAL w/ stock springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool QA1/ HAL w/ stock springs

What exactly do I need to modify to have these shocks with front and rear springs. I am only looking for 1.7 60' times with a M6 on drag radials. Can these times happen without this suspension? My best right now is 2.2 on street tires. Money is an issue. Does anyone have a better idea?
Thanks alot for all the help.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

In the rear you don't have to modify anything but you will have to buy some botls and washer for the lower shock mounts. For the front, you'll have to open up the inside of the factory spring perchs to sit on the QA1 perches. Or you can just buy a pair BMR spring seats for $50 that are made specificly for QA1s and stock style springs.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
In the rear you don't have to modify anything but you will have to buy some botls and washer for the lower shock mounts. For the front, you'll have to open up the inside of the factory spring perchs to sit on the QA1 perches. Or you can just buy a pair BMR spring seats for $50 that are made specificly for QA1s and stock style springs.
Actually QA1 now adds in the appropriate hardware kit for the rear shocks. Its nice they now do this.

If you buy the QA1 front shocks you can pick up the QA1 front springs for about $40 each, or just buy a complete kit for around $689. QA1 isn't cheap but is also a very nice set up.

Hope this helps,
Ryan
Old 05-10-2005, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info. UMI will get a call when I buythe setup thanks again guys.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, the QA1s still don't come with the bolts/nuts/washers for the rear shocks. I helped a friend install these a couple weekends ago, and we still had to make a trip to the parts store for those things.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Actually, the QA1s still don't come with the bolts/nuts/washers for the rear shocks. I helped a friend install these a couple weekends ago, and we still had to make a trip to the parts store for those things.
When did he buy them, QA1 informed me they now include that bolt kit because I called them about it. Anyways thats what I heard

99 Pewter- I am glad to help when you are ready

Ryan

Quick Reply: QA1/ HAL w/ stock springs