Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking to do some suspension mods on a convertible...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005 | 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up Looking to do some suspension mods on a convertible...

Ok, I'm going home for a week or two tomorrow and me and my dad need something to occupy our time (read: mods for the car) while I'm there.

The car is an 00' Trans AM Convertible (Non-WS6)

The first order of business we want to do is to get a *GOOD LOOKING* roll bar for the car. If anyone can point me out where to get a good looking roll, I'd appreciate it

The second order of business is to tweak the suspension, without lowering the car.

For the suspension I am thinking LCA's, shocks, panhard, and SFC's.... This car is driven as a 'sunday' driver, and our intent is to get it to handle "better" than stock (it's not a WS6), but we don't wanna go so hog wild with the suspension my mom can't drive it for fear of bottoming it out, etc.... hence why I basically wanna do everything I can to improve the car's handling without lowering it. (I know it sounds dumb, but I'm limited on what I can do here )

So what would you all recommend as far as getting a good looking roll bar for a vert, as well as a suspension setup that didn't involve lowering the car?

Last edited by Dogmeat; 05-13-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-13-2005 | 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

get the mods you listed plus some lower control arm relocation brackets, and make the panhard adjustable if you ever plan on lowering it. it will handle alot better with springs, its gonna be hard to get it to handle the way you want it to without them...
Old 05-13-2005 | 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

I know ... It just kinda sucks that I'm limited in what I can do. My dad isn't gonna let me go hog wild with it...and what is really pissing me off is he's insisting we use SLP stuff, when there's other stuff I'd prefer to use ... Ah well, I guess if he's footing the bill he can buy whatever mods he wants, I just wanna have some fun working on the car then driving it when I get home, heh
Old 08-10-2005 | 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

get some adjustable shocks,that will improve handling alot

Quick Reply: Looking to do some suspension mods on a convertible...