Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Clunking after qa1 install

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
smo
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clunking after qa1 install

I installed a set of qa1 12 ways w/ 300 lb front springs on my '01 camaro. The passenger side is now making a clunking noise when driving, mainly when i go over a bumpy surfaces when the suspension starts to travel. i called speed, inc and they told me to check the upper a arm bushing. i checked it and it was fine so i thought i would see if any one on here had any suggestions.
thanks,
drew
Old 05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Double check to make sure everything is tight, and look at everything you had to take apart when you installed them. Definately shouldn't be any clunking caused by them. On a side note, how do you like the 300lb springs? I had a set but just decided to stick the factory ones back on when I installed mine.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

actually, as soon as i installed my qA-1'Z They started clunking as soon as i set them up around 5 or 6. I know have them about the same, maybe 4 and they still clunk. ITs not the bushings and i have everything checked...

Im a bit upset but its not that bad, im gonna swap them out...not for autocross or any turn orientated driving styles...
Old 05-17-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Probably something else that I too need to find. We installed Bilsteins and i now have the clunk as well. Not sure what it is, only my driver side.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:20 PM
smo
12 Second Club

thanks for the replys. i think i found the problem last night. the upper spring seat was not all the way tight. There was about an 1/4 inch of play. I'm going to tighten it as soon as i get off work to see if that fixes it (I got too tired last night). And for the springs, i like them so far but the only thing i have to compare to is the stock ones and the hal 275 ones. My Friend has thoes and the ride is firmer with the 300. His were too bouncy for me.