Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please post a Pic of your linelock

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:06 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Please post a Pic of your linelock

I just ordered my SLP linelock. today I was placing the lines over my engine to see where they go. It looks like my solenoid goes where my aftermarket alarm is. Can someone please post a pic of what the engine bay looks like with the linelock in? Thanks
Old 05-20-2005, 07:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The line lock mounts in the front area of the fender near the power block. This can be a difficult location to mount the solenoid due to the power feed. It is tough to get a drill in to mount the solenoid. This isn't the case for an LT1 as they do not have power wires running near it.

For LS1 setups, we've moved the solenoid to the top location (a long time ago, it was only offered similar to the LT1 setup). This makes a MUCH easier install. We do for folks whom want it mounted like the LT1 location an option to do so, but we don't advise it.

If you look at our install section, you can see an LT1 mounted solenoid. Yours will mount similar. Look at www.sjmmanufacturinginc.homestead.com to see a pic.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine without ABS.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/440/linelock.jpg

I have the Hurst stainless steel solenoid and Jeg's proportioning valve set to 600 psi.