Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering Springs question....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Springs question....

...my Eibach Pro Kit seems to be sagging in the rear. I was wondering if you could mix and match aftermarket and stock springs? I was thinking about keeping the Pro Kit on the front and putting my stock springs on the rear. I am also hoping this would help give it the look of it being higher in the rear which is what I want. Help?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Hey what up I noticed the same probem with My 98 SS and I replaced my rear spring with my stock ones and as far as the ride quality it is way better, traction way better but it does leave a pretty big gap once again.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JRSSTOY
Hey what up I noticed the same probem with My 98 SS and I replaced my rear spring with my stock ones and as far as the ride quality it is way better, traction way better but it does leave a pretty big gap once again.
Got any pics of your ride now?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

anyone else want to chime in on this issue?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Prokit rears are a bit soft and a bit too low for most people. I would recommend getting some of these.
http://gmocart2.gmotion.com/store/me...ing_suspension
Install 2 of these in each rear spring and call me in the morning. Woah, had a Bugs Bunny doctor flashback.

Seriously, just lift from the body to get the springs in full droop, install in the middle area 180* apart making sure they will not rub the body. Check the ride height. The weight of the car will keep them in place. Take it for a drive. If the lift is too much, take one out. They work great, just get the smaller sized ones that says for the front. Just ignore that as they work fine on the rear springs. If after all that, you still don't like them, take them out and you will be $5 poorer. No big deal.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs question....