Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

? on G2 springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BitViper
I got 2in....My car now sits at ~23 3/4 in (If I remember right) its a rougher ride than stock but with my other mods I corner like im on rails..If your looking fopr cush...you wont find it If you wanted soft..you shudda bought a cadillac
I kind of disagree. I don't have the G2's, but I have the GC kit with the same 550lb rate springs. With my Koni SA's and 26" front ride height, the ride quality is about like the stock springs and shocks. A bit bumpy, but comfortable for daily driving.

Maybe you could check your fender heights again. 23 3/4 sounds way too low. Ride height can have a big effect on ride quality, if your car is lower than other cars with the same front G2 springs, then your ride might be rougher as well.

I know it's been debated before, but maybe the Bilstein shocks (in stock valving) is having trouble controlling the high rates. I don't know, I'm just guessing. Like I said, I don't have the actual G2 springs.

PS, Bitviper, is the roughness in the front or the rear? I know the G2 is pretty low in the rear as well as pretty stiff. Maybe that's where your roughness is comming from?

Quick Reply: ? on G2 springs