Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help SLP subframe conctr. Banging

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help SLP subframe conctr. Banging

Looking for some insight, Have a set of SLP SFC,s on a hard accell I get a banging noise on lh SFC near the rear. (bolt in style). It realy comes to life if there is any rough spots in the road. Sounds like wheel hope but I know this is not the case. I have re-torqued everything and still no help. I was unable to install these loaded, installed on jack stands. And as it was had to leave all the attatch points loose to get all the hardware started. And then tightened everthing up. Is ther a known problem at the lower control attatch point it it is not torqued to max and then some? This is where it sounds like it is coming from.
The banging noise is a hard bang as if it is hitting a hard attatch point, vs something like the floor pan ect.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no problem like that with mine, but I welded in my SLP SFC's. Maybe that's what you should do also. If they are moving enough to make noise, obviously they are not able to do their job.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think the connector is moving, I am thinking now it might be the LCA attatch point that it the cause, it will even happen when driving on a washboard road.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may need to just tighten the LCA bolts more. They have to be pretty tight, because it has to sqeeze the bracet in so the sleave is pinched between the sides, if that makes any sense. Having the SFC there on one side of the attachment point makes it that much harder to pinch them. This sleave must not be allowed to move or it will noisey like that.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should've came with instructions on what to torque the bolts to. Should be somewhere between 70-90 ft/lbs.

Quick Reply: Help SLP subframe conctr. Banging