Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Will they fit right? please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Will they fit right? please help

Ok, i read on here about someones car being lopsided and mine does the same thing after my accident. There was frame damage but the dealership claimed they fixed it. The drivers side rear has about a 1/2 to 1 inch wider gap between the rear wheel and fender than the passenger side. I want to get Subframe Connectors because I hear they are a good mod but I do not know if they will fit with my car being crooked!!??!! Also, does anyone have any ideas why my car is crooked still?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TCrow2002WS6
Ok, i read on here about someones car being lopsided and mine does the same thing after my accident. There was frame damage but the dealership claimed they fixed it. The drivers side rear has about a 1/2 to 1 inch wider gap between the rear wheel and fender than the passenger side. I want to get Subframe Connectors because I hear they are a good mod but I do not know if they will fit with my car being crooked!!??!! Also, does anyone have any ideas why my car is crooked still?
My suggestion- go back to the dealer and have them put it back on a frame machine.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it only on the rear wheel well that there is a difference? You might try looking to make sure the rear springs are rotated properly. The end of the lower coil should be at the back of the car. If one is rotated differently it can make one side higher.

Also keep in mind that most cars sit about 3/8" higher on the drivers side. Probably so that the drivers weight makes the car level.

You can also try swapping the springs from side to side to see if that makes a difference.

Quick Reply: Will they fit right? please help