Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bendix rotors? what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bendix rotors? what do you think?

im lookin into the wholesale direct purchase of the bendiz rotors. cuz id like some nice drilled rotors for when i get my new wheels, otherwise id go with brembo blanks. anyone have any opinions on how they like/dislike the bendix rotors? plus, im upgrading to 18in. wheels all round, so would these rotors display large enough you think? thanks.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintNJ
im lookin into the wholesale direct purchase of the bendiz rotors. cuz id like some nice drilled rotors for when i get my new wheels, otherwise id go with brembo blanks. anyone have any opinions on how they like/dislike the bendix rotors? plus, im upgrading to 18in. wheels all round, so would these rotors display large enough you think? thanks.
I had bendix blanks on my last car (98). They were very good and did not warp while I owned the car. As far as the size goes, well, being that the rotors are made to squeeze inside a 16" wheel, and extra inch around it might make it look a little small, but I dont think it will be bad at all. Besides, swapping to a larger rotor is an expensive undertaking.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bendix rotors might be okay if they're blank, however as far as the whole crossdrilled/slotted/dimpled/crescented patterns on the friction face, you might want to search the forum for a few threads that discuss issues with rotor face designs.

As far as having a larger rotor to display, be prepared to pay a considerable amount of money for it, since the caliper must be relocated further out to compensate for the larger diameter rotor. Unless you're doing AX or RR at the moment or in the future, you might find a larger brake system to be overkill for display purposes.

Last edited by Foxxton; 06-09-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cheapest way to get some one inch larger rotors up front would be the C5 brakets made by LG Motorsports. You can reuse your calipers and pads. You will need regular vette front rotors which are 13" compared to the 12" LS1 f-body rotors, so there isn't much difference in price if you already planned to get new rotors. The brackets are $250, which is the main cost.

There is no larger rear kit unless you spend real big money. So is the extra inch worth $250? It's up to you.