Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Coming up next...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming up next...

Alright guys...first of all I appreciate the help so far.

Next month I will start to tackle the chassis / suspension parts of the car. The car will be used for drag racing, street racing, and normal daily use as well. What all mods should I do? The mods in sig are going in right now and I also have a set of Eibach springs for the rear and H&R springs for the front, they may not the best, but maybe they are good enough. I am planning on buying these parts next month along with appearance mods at the same time.

Here's what I had in mind...LCA's, STB, APHB, Brembo Brakes, Tourque Arms, etc.
What kind should I get #1?
What all mods should be involved?
What Shocks and Struts?

Anything else because I really don't know. This is the first time I have really modded a car this far and I need alot of help. I will be doing research and checking the Parts For Sale section so if you have a legit part(s) at reasonable prices, let me know.

If I didn't list something it is simply because I don't know...help me out please!!! I want the car to drive as good as it runs. And with a little more $$$ it will run pretty good. Not saying it will the fastest, but it outrun 75% of the Mustangs, lol j/k.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

For the LCAs and APHB I'll recommend Trackbird's pieces. They're high quality, lightweight, and well engineered.

The STB is basically an appearance mod, but it's also a GREAT place to lean when working on the engine. BMR is fine there.

Can't say about the Brembo brakes as I haven't looked much into them, but I'll let you know that there are some C5 conversion brackets available (PM me if you want the info) and there's also a new Porsche brake conversion kit out there (VERY nice). There are a ton of brake options.

Not sure about the torque arm, I just haven't delt with any yet, sorry.

Our cars don't have struts, we have shocks all the way around. For drag racing, you'll probably be more interested in the QA1 double adjustable shocks than any others. However, keep in mind that those H&R front springs are very high in rate at 600 lb-in. You'll need a good bit of dampening ability to control them. I'd say go no less than a Koni SA. I'm kinda in the same boat as I've got a set of those sitting in my garage with no shocks to mate to them. Off the top of my head I don't know the eibach spring rates for the rear, but I have a hunch that bilstein HDs should be able to hold them.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks alot pimp...the porche brake conversion, how much do you know? Also is it slotted, drilled, or neither?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sent you PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the info