Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Someone Please Help Me With My Suspension Problems!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005 | 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Angry Someone Please Help Me With My Suspension Problems!!!!!!!!!

Ok heres the problem I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 and I upgraded a few of the suspension parts heres the list..

-Bilstein HD SHocks/Struts
-SLP Rear Control Arms
-SLP Panhard Bar
-SLP Strut Tower Bar
-Eibach Pro-Kit
-Stock Wheels/Tires

****PROBLEM**** The ride to say the least is cr@ppy. I go over bumps and the rear end smacks against the ground making a loud banging noise. The car just isn't enjoyable to drive anymore because everytime I hit a bump or a little dip the car bounces and smacks against the ground.

Anyone with similar problems or knows what is going on please feel free to comment. This is seriosuly becomming a major problem to the point where I don't want to keep the car anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!!

-Stephen
Old 06-20-2005 | 01:18 PM
On The Tree

PREACH ON BROTHER!! I have a few of those mods and am experiencing the same. Did a post a few weeks ago about this same issue and was told thats what you have to deal with with those types of mods. But I know how you feel about the bumps, bangs and crappy ride. I too thought of getting rid of my ride but have decided to keep it and hope to figure something out.
Old 06-20-2005 | 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

change your shocks and springs, and ill bet your problem goes away. I have been hearin the pro kit sags in the back, and those Shocks from all the reading i did, were not designed for lowering springs. I to had lowering springs with crap shocks, and experienced the same thing. I just bought Koni SAs all around and the car handles insanely better.
Old 06-20-2005 | 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Get springs and shocks that are designed to work together. BTW Eibach springs are the worst for this . . . .
Old 06-20-2005 | 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

First, your car is not hitting the ground. 2nd, find some rear bump stops off a regular Firebird or Camaro (non WS6/SS/Firehawk) and replace yours. 3rd, if you're still not happy, just buy new rear springs or replace the isolators if you took those off. Still not happy? Then on to shocks, the Bilsteins are far better than stock, though perhaps not optimal. Buy some Konis. If you're still unhappy, it's time to buy a Grand Marquis.
Old 06-20-2005 | 02:17 PM
12 Second Club
20 Year Member

Bilstein HD are fine if they were valved for lowering. If your rear springs were stiffer you would not bottom out. You can change the bumper, but you will still be bottoming out, it just won't be as harsh. The impact is the axle to the stiff jounce bumper btw.

Brian

Quick Reply: Someone Please Help Me With My Suspension Problems!!!!!!!!!