Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

1le springs worth the ugrade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1le springs worth the ugrade?

Would it be worth it to upgrade my front LT1 springs to 1LE springs? I will be running bilstein shocks and a 32mm front sway. It would cost me $40 to do so. I know the ride height shouldnt be affected... just wondering about the performance. Will it be noticeable? I also dont want to mess up my ride.

The LT1 springs are 310lb/in while the 1LE's are 360lb/in.

Any input would be graciously appreciated as I plan to pick out whatever I will be choosing tomorrow.

Thanks
Steve
Old 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 98 1le feels completely different than my 95z with an eibach set up did, Much better, less front end slop, only thing I can say my real expereince difference is there is a freeway offramp on the 170 freeway at roscoe blvd, its a 25 mph exit(so the sign says) , with same wheels/tires basically, the hardest I pushed on it in the 95 was about 68-70 mph, and the tires were howlin bad, in the 1le, i've pulled it with my my girl and my dog at atleast 74-77 ish and tires were still fine, I jsut didn't have the ***** to try any faster as I just got that car, what i'm saying is I'm amased at the way this car feels compaired to my z.