Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis and DMS pics please....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005 | 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
You'll probably have to cut the rears on the DMS springs or remove the coil spring isolator, because that's where it's going to sit at.
Did you remove the coil spring isolator, because your rear sits nice. (no homosexual jokes please)
Old 07-16-2005 | 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Posted by: OneMeanZ
Did you remove the coil spring isolator, because your rear sits nice. (no homosexual jokes please)
I tried it first by removing the isolator and it just didn't lower it enough for me so I ended up cuting the rear springs. I have had NO negative effects on ride or anything. The car was just sitting way too high in the rear. On my car it only lowered it a half inch. They guy that installed mine installed sets on two seperate TA's and they sat perfect. I ordered mine after seeing them and it sat so high that it looked abnormal. I called DMS and they said that they had some bad springs so they sent me some new rear ones and they still were the same. I talked to them again and they said that they had just changed the sping rates and that how it would sit, so I really didn't have a choice. If you look at the photos on their site, the first cars listed sit perfect, then the cars towards the end, sit higher in the rear, I don't know why they would have changed them.
Old 07-16-2005 | 12:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
Wow, that's a perfect drop, and actually the first pic of a car with Eibach's that didn't look like crap.

What's with all the DMS whoring?
Old 07-16-2005 | 07:20 AM
Banned

i JUST installed the dms springs yesterday.. OMG what a HOT DROP!

and I am on STOCK POS shocks and it handles pretty well. Remember stock shocks with NO sway bar in the front.

Time to turn up the force on the suspension.

P.S. Car is STILL for sale boys and girls.

Old 07-16-2005 | 11:11 AM
Teching In

Wow...this is a great thread. Thanks to all for the positive props. I'm glad we could help. Always feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:03 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys, yea i'll give it a few weeks and see how it settle's
Old 07-17-2005 | 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Got my springs installed, hard to see in the pic. Will get better pics tomorrow, I love these springs!
Old 07-23-2005 | 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do the front springs look right? I thought the DMS were progressive, but those fronts look linear.

This is the pic from DMS.

Did DMS change there springs?

Quick Reply: Hotchkis and DMS pics please....