Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I dont want to be lowered anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dont want to be lowered anymore!

An Eibach prokit was on my car when I bought it. It has the stock Bilstein shocks, lower control arm relocation brackets, and adjustable panhard bar. I am going to put the stock springs back on for now until I can get the Eibach drag launch springs. I was told

- I can leave the relocation brackets because they will actually help with traction,

- but the panhard bar must be adjusted.

Anyone know how to adjust it? Do I need factory specs? Or since it is adjustable can I adjust it for better traction on a stock ride heighth?

Also, how is Eibachs drag launch spings on the street? I put 80 miles a day on my car. (mostly highway) I am willing to sacrifice some drivability because I love drag racing, but I dont want to be unsafe.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy way number 1 to adjust the panhard bar is to find a buddy with a stock bar, take it off, use two 3/8" extensions and slide them through the stock PHB mount holes.... and then slide your adjustable down over those, and line the adjustable up with the stock length.

The more involved method is to use a plumb bob off the left and right fenders and measure to a common point on the wheel, and adjust the bar until they're even.

The PHB works to center the rear axle under the car. It really can't be "set" to help traction. Sorry, can't tell ya about the drag launch springs on the street.