Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wobbly car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 02:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Maybe I missed it. Seems the car isn't shaking, but moves around a lot.... That's not a vibration, that's a lack of stability in the car itself. Re-read the first post guys.

Watch old tape of '80's Nascar races vs. now (ESPN Classic is good, Charlotte races especially). The cars float and move all over the place, they don't now because they shocks control them.

Shocks don't just control the tires bouncing on the ground, but to a HUGE degree the movement of the car on the wheels.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 07-08-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do 150 over a rise and you will be in the Air Force. Seriously though, thank you for your courage overseas.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do agree with Sam and Jimmy. Sam is absolutely right as far as shocks, and Jimmy is right as far as aerodynamics, since a properly designed wing is needed, not just some wierdo ricer crap. Pimpmaro is being cautious (rightfully so).

Another thing you should deal with is a big brake kit. When you're at 150 mph, you're at a speed that the stock brakes will be possible overwhelmed.

(Disclaimer: regardless of who's at risk when you travel over 100mph, I neither endorse nor encourage that driving style on a public road of any sort. If you get into an accident, or possibly get caught, you might face some serious criminal charges.)
Old 07-09-2005, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

I would try checking the lca's maybe the bolts came lose or something.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:48 AM
TECH Resident

sorry for late response. I'm activated right now for this hurricane heading towards florida. We're activated as a precaution.

At any rate, just for the record. I do NOT speed very often. Just when you have over 400rwhp, you get up to speed pretty fast. Sometimes faster than you realize.

To get back on topic, I'll check the tires out. I did 130 down this rte or whatever, 1 lane, no one around again, just to clarify. Road was nice, and car felt pretty straight. Just even SOMETIMES when I do 80 on the hwys (In a 75 mph zone) car feels weird. I'll have some friends from here check it out. My car has just under 70k miles now. Maybe I'll replace the shocks. I'll also grease up all the stuff. and I'll check Lca bolts. Thank you all for your fast replies.