Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Consensus on QA1 double adjustable

Old 07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consensus on QA1 double adjustable

Just got the latest Camaro Performers and read the article on the QA1 double adjustable slalom test. I thought I read somewhere a while back some negative things about QA1 in terms of handling performance. Someone said something like "They're more for strip duty."

Anyway. A set of double adjustable QA1 coilovers with 300lb springs up front sounds like it will give me the height adjustability and compromise between ride and comfort I'm after.

What do you think?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Not sure about the QA shocks. Seems like more aftermarket shocks available for the ls1 are for drag strip use.

Koni Sport Single adjustable shocks would be what you want for doing a slalom test, or autocrossing for that matter.

Check out Sam Strano's website www.stranoparts.com and check the forums. This guy knows everything about suspension and won his class a few times in SCCA national events in a few different f-body's
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got them on the front of mine with 275 springs.Major improvement over the standard qa1's I had in there.Mind you I run skinnys on the street so no autocross
data available.They allow full control of bump and rebound settings with 24 adjustments
for each.This gets me a nice street ride and all the adjustments I can use at the track.
The car no longer bottoms the suspension on the street like it did before with the same springs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Consensus on QA1 double adjustable