Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

is the abs in my 94 the same as in the 97?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs ? please help!

ok im buying a 12 bolt thats in a 97 camaro, does my 94 camaro have the same abs setup, plugs, ect, as the 97. he said it will bolt right in but he wasnt sure about the abs if the abs would hook right up? so i guess my ? is, is the abs in my 94 the same than in the 97?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if you can modify it to work, but your 94 has more then likely 3 channel ABS, meaning from your ABS pump under the hood behind your K&N CAI, you'll have 2 lines going from the Master Cylinder to the pump, then 3 lines running from there, 2 of them will be smaller diameter then the rear one. That one goes to the rear of the car, and T's off to each caliper. (Giving you 3 channel, since the pump will pulse your rear calipers simotainiously)

If you have 4 channel (which I bet is what the 97's rearend is calling for) You'll have 2 lines running from the master cylinder, then 4 more lines, 2 going to the front two calipers and 2 running to the rear two calipers individually.

So to answer your question, check and be sure, but I'm most certain its going to be a 4 channel ABS setup.