Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Open Rec. For Spring Kit Needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Rec. For Spring Kit Needed!!

Hey All:

Need some reccomendations for a spring kit. Here's what I need:
Springs $300 or less
Shocks: Any option avail.
Aplication: Mostly street driving: I dont want that rice look (too much drop) and I dont want the rice ride (like my *** is straddled to a piece of wood being dragged over a series of bumps and dips in the road)
I've found Eibach 1.8" drops for aout 230 Shipped- good deal?
LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!

-Phoenixta99
[IMG]cool[/IMG]
Old 07-13-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phoenixta99
Hey All:

Need some reccomendations for a spring kit. Here's what I need:
Springs $300 or less
Shocks: Any option avail.
Aplication: Mostly street driving: I dont want that rice look (too much drop) and I dont want the rice ride (like my *** is straddled to a piece of wood being dragged over a series of bumps and dips in the road)
I've found Eibach 1.8" drops for aout 230 Shipped- good deal?
LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!

-Phoenixta99
[IMG]cool[/IMG]
Keep your stock springs and get Koni shocks. You can set up the perch for the front springs to give you a 3/4" drop and just remove the rear isolator and do the heater hose wrap around the top coil and that will give you 1/2" drop in the rear. I went with eibach and wish I didn't. the fronts are good but I had to replace the rears, sag way too much plus the rear spring rate was a bit soft. With the stock springs and a good set of shocks, you'll be amazed how much the ride will improve over the stock Decarbons... If you're really set on getting springs, get DMS. If I were to do it again, I'd get the G2's with their higher spring rate which may not be for everyone.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Are the DMS really good springs? They are way under what I was looking to spnd, but If you and the Camaroz28.com dude both swear by them (or at last think they're better than Eibach) then Ill go ahead and get them.

Quick Reply: Open Rec. For Spring Kit Needed!!