Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wagner Thermoquiets.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wagner Thermoquiets.

Anyone use these brakes pads before? My brakes are starting to squeak so I need to consider changing them soon. I work at an auto parts store and the Thermoquiets are best we carry and they carry a lifetime warranty against wear so these coould actually be the last brake pads I ever buy for the car. I'm just wondering has anyone uses these pads before, if so how did you like them?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

This is what I use and like them a lot. I will be using them in a road course in a few months so we'll see.

B

Last edited by Hagarr; 07-06-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have them.. I really like them a lot, very little dust too
Old 07-06-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hagarr
This is what I use and like them a lot. I will be using them in a road course in a few months so we'll see.

B
They'll fade like a **** if you push them at all. I put them on my wife's Bravada and they faded way too easily in the mountains over vacation, and I know not to ride the brake and leave it in low gear. I was terribly disappointed because I've pushed a lot harder through the mountains before. They do the day-to-day driving just fine though.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just bought these the other day for the rear. i hope they work out good. i dront drive my car like an animal, so these should hopefully suffice.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Very good brake pads..I use to sell these at the last part store i worked at. i've had mine on the front and rear for almost a year and havent worn em out yet(Brembo Rotors). Try em you'll like em.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Default ThermoQuiets...

I haven't installed them on an LS1-equipped car, but on my everyday driver (an '96 Infiniti G20 gas-sipper), I'm not terribly impressed.

I use the G20 for trips across the Central Valley here in Cali and up into the foothills; on my favorite roads, I have to rely on the brakes a lot, even with this light car, and the ThermoQuiets aren't as impressive as the last set of pads I used on the car, Ferodo DS pads.

The ThermoQuiets don't seem to work well until they've been driven a few minutes and heated a little, but that could be because they haven't bedded properly with my resurfaced rotors, either. A few more weeks will tell.

For the price, I guess the ThermoQuiets are OK, but there are definitely better pads out there. On the plus side, they produce very little dust; after some 75-0 stops on 680 the other day, I checked my clean wheels and couldn't pick up any dust at all. (Yes, they brakes do work!)

Quick Reply: Wagner Thermoquiets.