Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring advice please

i plan on lowering my car soon about 1.5" and springs was all im changing for now to keep cost down. will i need to change aynthing alse for this to work properly. I would like the ride quality to not change. I am stuck between dms and hotchkis springs but leanig more towards the dms for price. also i was wondering how fun they are to install. I installed headers i feel about anything should be easier than that.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

I think all your questions on DMS vs Hotchkis will be answered in the thread down below (DMS vs Hotchkis)...good luck with your decision.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Banned

Good luck getting the bolt off of the passenger side front shock to disassemble. I had to destroy my shock to get it off. For some reason on these cars water collects in there and rusts the **** out of it. Had to cut the bolt off and slice through the shaft to get it off. This was after lots and lots of break free and air tools. Just be prepared when you do the install, however you do it and have some new shocks ready.

I'm not the only one.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by joblo1978
Just be prepared when you do the install, however you do it and have some new shocks ready.

I'm not the only one.
Now that is the truth there. Luckily this time around I did new shocks and springs at the same time. But a year ago I did Eibach sportlines and ya, I had to cut a bolt off the shock and eventually destroyed the threads on the shock, so I had to buy a new one. It sucks. Just be prepared as he says. Also the work is pretty tough depending on the spring rate and how much lower the lowering springs you are getting. Shouldn't take more than 6hr first time for lowering springs to be installed (with no mistakes).

Also you will not need anything else for these springs to work properly... just give them a week or more to settle and break-in.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by joblo1978
Good luck getting the bolt off of the passenger side front shock to disassemble. I had to destroy my shock to get it off. For some reason on these cars water collects in there and rusts the **** out of it. Had to cut the bolt off and slice through the shaft to get it off. This was after lots and lots of break free and air tools. Just be prepared when you do the install, however you do it and have some new shocks ready.

I'm not the only one.
ya i had to make a trip to the junk yard the next day to get the damn rubber peice thing where the shocks bolts to, and ya what a bitch to get off no joke, lots of air tools

Quick Reply: spring advice please