Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension setup help appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005 | 11:08 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trackbird
You want to shoot for (in my opinion) 26.5" measured at the fender opening (at the top of it). That seems to be the best compromise between ride and handling (and suspension travel).
What is the stock measurement? (I don't have any truly flat surfaces to put my car on to check. )
Old 07-26-2005 | 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stock height will be different for each car... don't ask me why, my best guess is differences in empty weights and GMs lovely mfg tolerances.
Old 07-26-2005 | 07:16 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by HPP
What is the stock measurement? (I don't have any truly flat surfaces to put my car on to check. )

I thought the rear was about 28" (give or take) and I forget what the front is. Find someone with a garage or a car port and park it on the concrete slab there (it will be flat enough) and measure it. I never measured mine before and after, but there are a few stock height ones around, maybe I can measure one of those some night soon.

Pimpmaro is right, they all seem different.
Old 07-26-2005 | 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

One night I"ll try to get mine measured as I STILL haven't gotten my springs in... So hey, who wants to donate some shocks to me? I take Koni's and VISA.

Quick Reply: suspension setup help appreciated