Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arms Finally Released

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Willing to buy but need to know, Will Your Adj T/A w/ the DS safetly loop clear QTP LT's, their Catted Y-pipe w/ the flowmaster merge, and GMMG? I've seen spohns and have been told theres won't fit or it may not so many don''t biuy it. I am on a Need To KNow basis. I'd be willing to buy very soon. Also what is the rear mounting kit and is it worth it. I need to mate this w/ a Strange 12 Bolt or Moser 9".

How much abuse can this thing take as well?

Thank you very much
Old 08-18-2005, 06:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the interest

We have a customer now trying this with the Flowmaster Merge and I will know next week sometime, its hard to tell. The QTPs won't be an issue, just the merge.

I do recommend the hardware if your rear-end uses the straight through bolt design as the stock rear-end, I can't remember if Strange does or not..I think it does. The rear hardware kit will not work with the Moser.

The torque arm can take all the abuse you can put to it.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 08-18-2005, 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Thanks for the interest

We have a customer now trying this with the Flowmaster Merge and I will know next week sometime, its hard to tell. The QTPs won't be an issue, just the merge.

I do recommend the hardware if your rear-end uses the straight through bolt design as the stock rear-end, I can't remember if Strange does or not..I think it does. The rear hardware kit will not work with the Moser.

The torque arm can take all the abuse you can put to it.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

Alright! The guy testing it, is he using the DS Safety Loop? If so Def. Let me know. Otherwise I'm still interested but does anyone have any idea of waht DS Safety Loop to use w/ the Flowmaster Merge? I really would like to know?

Thanks to All.

Ryan keep me in mind and up to date on the results of the T/A w/ the Flowmaster Merge. Thanks again- Adam
Old 08-18-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
Alright! The guy testing it, is he using the DS Safety Loop? If so Def. Let me know. Otherwise I'm still interested but does anyone have any idea of waht DS Safety Loop to use w/ the Flowmaster Merge? I really would like to know?

Thanks to All.

Ryan keep me in mind and up to date on the results of the T/A w/ the Flowmaster Merge. Thanks again- Adam
I am the guy that will be trying out this TQ arm with the QTP headers and Flowmaster merge. I do not think the loop will work but I think everything else will be ok. This is a oustanding looking piece that UMI made for us F-body guys.

I am trying to get over to my buddies garage to get the car on a lift sometime today if he can fit me in if not it will be Saturday for sure. I will be getting back to Ryan from UMI to let him know how it goes.

Thanks again Ryan.

Lou
Old 08-18-2005, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Please Oh Please Let It Fit!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Please Oh Please Let It Fit!!!
Thats what I am saying.!!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 Pewter LS1
Thats what I am saying.!!!!!
Where the PRAYING SMILEY!!! lmao

If there is a God, Please don't ffail me now haha

If It doesn't fit, whoever is first to make one w/ a DS saftey loop is who I'm buying from that is if the price is right. Hopefully its UMI there T/A seems much nicer than Spohn's but you never know.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well everyone the UMI TQ does fit with the QTP headers and the huge Flowmaster "mongoloid" of a merge collector.
This TQ cross brace is built with the up most quality I have ever seen in a TQ arm. I am glad I decided to wait rather than settle for another tranny mount TQ arm.
Good job UMI on this awesome TQ arm setup.
Thanks again Ryan for sending this out so I could try it out first before making a purchase not knowing if it would work or not.

Lou
Old 08-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Well everyone the UMI TQ does fit with the QTP headers and the huge Flowmaster "mongoloid" of a merge collector.
This TQ cross brace is built with the up most quality I have ever seen in a TQ arm. I am glad I decided to wait rather than settle for another tranny mount TQ arm.
Good job UMI on this awesome TQ arm setup.
Thanks again Ryan for sending this out so I could try it out first before making a purchase not knowing if it would work or not.

Lou

Cool, did yours have the D\S Loop or was it the one without it? Also, did you notice a big difference in drivetrain noise after you installed it?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TPY2KWS6
Cool, did yours have the D\S Loop or was it the one without it? Also, did you notice a big difference in drivetrain noise after you installed it?
This was the cross brace main support for the TQ that I was test fitting for UMI. Now that we know it fits the QTP headers with their Y-pipe I will be ordering one and it will be without the loop.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

This TQ cross brace is built with the up most quality I have ever seen in a TQ arm..
not poking but just an observation the torque arm crossbrace looks to be made of several pieces of boxed tubing butted together and then welded this can't be as strong as a single piece of tubing ? or is it?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sikws6
not poking but just an observation the torque arm crossbrace looks to be made of several pieces of boxed tubing butted together and then welded this can't be as strong as a single piece of tubing ? or is it?
You are correct it is, however it is then TIG welded and gusseted using (2) 3/16" thick by 10" long triangular gussets for added support. The gussets can be seen at the bottom of the cross brace.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Wait so the Torque Arm w/ the Driveshaft safty loop does fit fine w/ QTP LT's and the Y pipe w/ the Flowmaster Merge?!?!?!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

Our torque # 2202- The long tube header set-up with the drop down design with clear fine with the Flowmaster Merge however will not clear when the front drive shaft loop is added. This is what we have gathered so far.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 08-19-2005, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

the search continues
Old 08-19-2005, 04:30 PM
FormerVendor

the search continues
By looking at pictures it is almost impossible. Also we have found each persons exhaust is slightly different, its already tight enough as it is.

A solution is to buy a cross member with no loop and custom make your own loop and adapt it, if it can be done.

Sorry, Ryan
Old 08-20-2005, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

hmm I wonder
Old 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Looks good, pm sent
Old 08-22-2005, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Kennedy98z28
Looks good, pm sent
Replied!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Think you guys could be the 1st to make a DS safety loop on this thing thatll clear tghe Flowmaster merge? like it can run up the inner wall of the tunnel and then from a 80-90° angle bend to fit the loop?

Quick Reply: Torque Arms Finally Released