Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arms Finally Released

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a few questions for you:

I believe this will fit my application fine, FLP LT's, FLP Quick Change Y with a Hooker Cat Back. I'm going to want one with a DS Loop. I believe you say on your site this combo has been tested.

I know you say the Chrome Moly is lighter and stronger, but how much lighter?

Will you tell us the actual weight? (I understand each one will probably have minor variances in weight, but an "average weight" if you will.)

Lastly, what warranties do you offer on your product if any "since it can handle any abuse you throw at it."

(I'm only putting down 400ish, and plan to be in the 500-550 range when I'm done so I figure it's not necessary, but was just wondering!)

I'm sure I'll be ordering one from you within a week
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

Well after some searching, their Website specifically lists FLP & the Y so I went ahead and ordered it. Picked the Chrome Moly but I'd still like to know what the weight difference is!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the order

Sorry for not answering your question, I totally missed this post and never even saw it...my apologizes.

Our main reason for offering this item in Chrome Moly is for strength purposes. However the Chrome Moly arm will save you about 2 pounds of weight.

Thanks again for the business!
Ryan
Old 08-29-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

This sucks....I got the Spohn version just about a month ago after much research.

I wish you guys would have come out with your product earlier, coz the clunking of the Spohn can get annoying....oh well, it's in there, I'll live with it.

Timing was never my strong suit.

But then again, my car doesn't have enough power to challenge your product or the Spohn arm.....and yes, to anyone ordering the UMI, or the Spohn for that matter, get the rear mounting bolts, the stockers in there are so short it's scary!!

I had the stock bolts in there for a month until I ordered the longer ones from Spohn, so do it right the first time and order the rear mounting bolts!

Sorry that you're not getting my business Ryan, you were on month too late

Manny
Old 08-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Launching!

I ordered one today.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:30 AM
11 Second Club

I CAN'T WAIT for the True Dual Tranny mount one...

Please make it soon, I am in dire need!!!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

I inquired abotu this part on August 22n'd, ordered on the 28th, and my car is still in-operational. The torque arm and tunnle brace/ds loop showed up with the differential mounting hardware just like I ordered, but someone forgot to include 2 bolts and 2 brackets that attach the arm to the tunnle brace.

Of course the shop is closed, so now I'm going to have to sit here until tomorrow pissed off as all hell. I'm sure that even if I call them tomorrow first thing there's no way I will be getting my mounting hardware before the weekend is over, so I guess I can scrap my plans for another weekend.

First it was "Oops, I forgot to check the LS1Tech threads" Then it was "It's a holiday weekend so we're closed" then last time it was "The powder coaters are backlogged" due to the holiday, now I wonder what will happen.

I'm trying to be patient and nice, but I'm very upset. Currently I can not reccomend anyone order parts from UMI if you are wanting your car done anytime soon.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ouija
I inquired abotu this part on August 22n'd, ordered on the 28th, and my car is still in-operational. The torque arm and tunnle brace/ds loop showed up with the differential mounting hardware just like I ordered, but someone forgot to include 2 bolts and 2 brackets that attach the arm to the tunnle brace.

Of course the shop is closed, so now I'm going to have to sit here until tomorrow pissed off as all hell. I'm sure that even if I call them tomorrow first thing there's no way I will be getting my mounting hardware before the weekend is over, so I guess I can scrap my plans for another weekend.

First it was "Oops, I forgot to check the LS1Tech threads" Then it was "It's a holiday weekend so we're closed" then last time it was "The powder coaters are backlogged" due to the holiday, now I wonder what will happen.

I'm trying to be patient and nice, but I'm very upset. Currently I can not reccomend anyone order parts from UMI if you are wanting your car done anytime soon.
I am sorry the mounting hardware was not included or forgot. Please dig through all the paper in the box and make sure its not in there. A person yesterday called with the same problem, after some digging and shaken they found them in the box wrapped in paper. Also please check for holes in the package UPS may have caused.

If you can not find them in the box I will be glad to UPS Next Day the bolt package to you for Saturday delivery to correct our mistake. We are a very easy and nice to work with company, I think you just need to give us a chance to fix the mistake.

I am glad to work with you and I don't mean to make excuses but if you were told the our powder coaters were back logged then they were back logged, we are able to be reached 5 days a week by phone but yes we also close for national holidays like most other businesses. However I don't remember telling you we were closed for a holday weekend? This is/was a new product for us and is currently in high demand, we are actually having trouble keeping them in stock at the moment. I can't access my shipping information from this location but I apologize if there was delayed shipping.

Please PM or e-mail with a first and last name and I will ship the missing pieces UPS Saturday delivery and you have them by Noon granted Saturday delivery is available in your area.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 09-15-2005, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

Thank you. I'm sure you can understand my frustration. The "closed for holidays message" wasn't from you personally, it was on a recording machine at the office. (Which I can understand, you guys need time off too.)

I think we can rescue this situation and still make me happy.

I have triple checked the box and the hardware isn't there, the box appeared to be in perfect condition with two tape end caps on it, and all of the components were wrapped in bubble wrap.

I'm will pm you my information.

I feel much better with your quick response tonight.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

Hello Todd,

I actually found all the information from your e-mail so we are good. Yes I do understand the frustration thats why I would like to do my best to make it right.

I will take care of this in the morning and do my best to correct it. Also I will find out why the package was missing the hardware in the first place.

Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 09-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Hey, a TA is the last piece needed to complete my rear suspension. I'm more into handling then 1/4 mile though, so I was previously looking at the Trac-Link by Global West. However, I've heard some difficulties that that piece has with adjustment and you have to cut the car up to mount it, so I'm looking for an alternative.

You mentioned a full rod end unit coming later. Have you got any time frame for that, and do you think it will be comperable to the Trac-link set-up?
Old 09-18-2005, 06:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any word on a true dual style torque arm any time soon?
Old 09-18-2005, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

Blackrat- I have never ran the Trac-link so I can not comment on it. We are planning on a rod ended version to be released shortly, with in the next 3-4 weeks. The rod end will help to eliminate the bind caused by poly for the customer who wants to autox it. Please check back with me on this.

Tim99ws6- We just released a torque arm that will clear with a true dual system, you can see it at the link below. I will have pictures up mid this week. This will mount to the stock location on the tail shaft. We are currently producing a cross-member that will allow you to relocate the torque arm off the tail shaft we will have released shortly as well.

http://www.umiperformance.com/2205.aspx

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 09-18-2005, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Thumbs up

Wanted to publically thank you Ryan for doing the Overnite Saturday delivery on the missing parts.

I'm a happy again.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

Todd,

I am glad we got it worked out and I was able to make it right. Thanks again for understanding

Regards,
Ryan

Quick Reply: Torque Arms Finally Released