Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Whats wrong with this torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with this torque arm?

It seems to me that something like this would be quiet and strong.

I'm aware that it is not much different from the TA relocation crossmember setup as that is what I am currently running. My problem with the relocation crossmembers is that they use the polyurethane block with a hole in it as a bushing and due to the large diameter torque arm tubing, there is little material on the sides and it transfers quite a bit of noise. Also Im not sure that it allows very good front to back movement. Furthermore... because of space restrictions, the torque arm is mounted do an awkward vertical plate which vibrates the tailshaft.

I am also aware that there are now 2 companies making tunnel mount torque arms which are also similar to this design... I dont like those because they well.. mount to the tunnel...

Whats wrong with what i've come up with?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you would dampen any of your drivetrain harmonics any better with that setup versus the setup you have now. How much more bushing material are you going to have using two small thin bushings versus one large one? not much if any more. As for the large one BMR uses I don't see any way that one could bind with up and down motion of the rearend if it's properly lubricated...my.02

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with this torque arm?