Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rotor Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotor Quality?

I've been thinking about adding drilled/slotted rotors to my 02 WS6 and was wondering if there is a big difference in quality out there? Are some of them shinnier, less likely to crack, or less likely to get a rusty film look to them when wet? I'm not considering them for performance reasons (since I don't race it), just appearance...but I'm wanting to know a little about the differences in quality before I get any.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

I got the ones from Wholesale Direct, a sponsor, and I would not buy them again. I will go with Eradispeed's next time.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

You might get some more/better answers if you ask in the Handling & Braking section. I understand the point is more of an apperance related ? but the H&B section probably has more (and I dont mean to insult anyone) informed persons for this type of ? than A&D does.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

What was wrong with them? I'm just trying to do some research right now on why and why not people choose certain brands, so I'll know which will work the best for me.

Also, if any moderators want to move this to the wheels section, that's ok. I didn't notice the "rotors" text on that category when I posted this, so I just put it in here since I'm wanting them as an appearance mod.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

PM one of the mods of this section, or the H&B section and see if they cant move it.

As far as why people buy certian brands comes down to a few reasons. Price of course is one, but another reason is the fact that some of the performance brake packages cannot be used w/ smaller wheels like 16s, 17s. Another is the 6 caliper vs 4 caliper, and the ease of replacement for rotors ,pads, dust boots and things like that.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

*Bumped* Moved from the appearance section..