Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering A SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 02:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering A SS

I have a 2002 camaro ss 6 speed. I want to lower the vehicle, I bought eibach sportline set of springs but now iam having second thoughts. The car is going to be geting full set of exhaust(lt headers & slp loudmouth). i am putting 18s on the car. How can i lower this car without having ground clearance problems???? i want the car to handle like a road racer be good on the street. So i want it to be an all around suspension!!!!!! PLease advise on the best set up????? thanks fng
Old 08-20-2005, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've put pacesetter longtubes+ ory on a 2001 WS6 and from what I hear as long as you don't go with the SLP longtubes you should be just fine. SLP's hang down pretty low.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

DO NOT get slp's if ground clearance is a concerc. I have a 1" drop and slp long tubes and cannot even think about going over speed bumps. Kooks tuck up very nice. Just don't get slp's and you should be fine.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Do not get the SLPs if you are going to lower it. I have been wanting to do the same thing but already have the slp longtubes. I drag em all the time over speed bumps and have the stock springs. I can't imagine what it is like even with a 1" drop.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The best suspension setup can be pricey, how much of a budget do you have?

To me the natural choice up front would be an adjustable ride height kit like the Ground Control setup. It's about $225. You choose the spring rates and you can play around with the height as much as you want.

The Sportlines are real low and soft, so the front will bounce and allow the car to dip even lower when going over speed bumps.