Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard ends question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Panhard ends question.

I heard rod/rod ends make noise, as opposed to poly/poly ends which dont perform as well.

How much noise do poly/rod combos make?
Old 08-22-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Funny thing these bushing threads...

Both will make noise. One will sound like a squeak while the other will be more of a metal on metal kind of noise.

When it comes to the panhard, i will be getting a rod/rod setup. The noise issue is subjective where some people will complain about noise while others will swear that they have never heard a sound....

i wish i could help you but this is what i would do to be sure, find someone local with a set and see which ones he has and take a rid ein it or better yet, stand out side while he drives away, whatever.....

Im sure someone will jump on this soon...
Old 08-22-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

here is a thread that was started that might help....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...final+analysis
Old 08-22-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

I've got a BADZ adjustable panhard bar with rod/rod ends and I seriously cannot hear a difference between it and the stocker. I don't get any weird noises with this panhard bar. At first, I thought I couldn't hear anything because of my dumped X-pipe set-up, but now I have an SLP dual/dual catback and still can't notice any weird noises.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Quality rod ends are what make the real difference. Will they wear out and start to clunk? Yes. They're essentially a type of bushing. Bushings are a wear item.

Will poly make noise? Yes. Will it bind the suspension? Yes. Is it bad? No it's not bad, but it's not what I'd use, and for a PHR, I'd definitely recommend rod ends over poly any day. As for poly/rod, you'll probably still get noise but I can't say for sure. In any case, do what your goals dictate.

Quick Reply: Panhard ends question.