Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Shocks, Struts, and Springs...Oh My!
4th gen Konis (front) with 3rd gen Bilstein HDs (rear)
3.90%
4th gen Koni (front) with 3rd gen Koni Sport (rear)
11.69%
4th gen Koni (front & rear)
53.25%
3rd gen Koni (front & rear)
0%
Bilsteins revalved
16.88%
Bilstein HDs (front & rear)
16.88%
Ground Coil Over (LG Motorsports)
9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Suspension Question with POLL

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FenixSS

I'm amazed you haven't done anything and this poll was from almost a year ago! Good call on the Koni's.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

$825 plus shipping for 4/4's. Prices are very, very competitive and at the allowed minimum Koni allows me to sell for. And the two big perks you get when you buy your parts here....

1. Alignment and shock setting information comes with the sale.
2. Explanation of how they work and what happens if you change shock settings, etc.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 07-18-2006, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam, I asked a suspension question in another thread, but I couldn't find it in my subscriptions. Since I'm getting this set up (4/4 Koni SA with LG2 Super Springs), I will also be getting new wheels and tires but I'm also wondering what combo to get for daily driving.
Tires will be Goodyear Eagle F1GSD3 all around, but for wheels I'm stuck on 17x9.5 vs 18.9.5 all around (Black Motorsport Z06s). Pros and cons to rideability and performance stock vs +1 size?
Finally, I've got a BMR Xtreme Duty Torque Arm with DSL loop that I forgot was in our storage shed. Since I will be getting this installed, would it be beneficial to stick to BMR products as far other suspension parts. I believe you mentioned to me before that with the shock and spring set up, I should get Panhard Roll Bar, as well as LCA relocators, geez did I say that right? I'm already shopping for tubular sfcs, your feedback would be much appreciated.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll try and answer a few for you.
First, no one company has the best everything. BMR has a few good parts, but other companies make certain parts better. So no, don't get all BMR. Pick and choose the best parts from the different companies.

For instance, BMR doesn't make a very good panhard rod. An adjustable one with high quality rod ends on both ends would be the best choice there.
The relocation brackets for the lower control arms aren't really needed for most people, so I'd wait and see on those.

Also, the stock rim size is 16" so a 17" would be +1 and the 18" would be +2. I've never tried the 18's so I can't help you there, but sometimes it comes down to money. 18" tires cost more (at least the good ones do) so when it comes time to buy new tires it can be pricey compared to 17's.

I like the GSD3's on the rear where their somewhat soft sidewall helps the ride and handling response, but not on the front. They were too soft for me on the front and made the car feel sluggish and less stable. The grip is real good though.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

This isn't a bad thread to reference, even though your thread precedes it

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/513475-canyon-carving-street-suspension-setup-review-long.html

AFA taking a year, I guess that some around think that kicking the tyres for that long can be an outrage (I somewhat think so), however a positive aspect is that you get better knowledge and more time to hold onto more money before making a decision.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

4/4 All the way!

Listen to Sam people. HD's and G2 not a good IDEA!

Don't go cheap on shocks. yes I know 825 is high, but there great!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by coolformula
4/4 All the way!

Listen to Sam people. HD's and G2 not a good IDEA!

Don't go cheap on shocks. yes I know 825 is high, but there great!

Poll is 3 years old