Custom Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:54 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Torque Arm

Hi
Found a guy that builds pro gas cars and I am thinking at having a custom torque arm built. He does realy nice work. He wants to build somthing like a BMR Tracpack with the tubular brace (and hinge) running across the width of the car. Only much stronger.

He wants to put the brace quite far back and build a very short and steep arm. I know this will be stonger and provide good traction, but are there any disadvantages to having a short and steep arm in terms of handling or routine driving?

I notice the BMR Tracpack locates the brace right where the tunel mount locations are. I assume this is done for convenience, as there are mounts already in place and less welding is needed.

Any input is appreciated, as I realy do not want to end up with a car that is not streetable. Thanks

JA

Last edited by JGA; 08-27-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I notice the BMR Tracpack locates the brace right where the tunel mount locations are. I assume this is done for convenience, as there are mounts already in place and less welding is needed.
Our crossbrace is welded directly to the subframes for max strength, not to the floor pan (thin sheet metal) just wanted to clarify

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-27-2005, 06:21 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

Sorry, poor description by me.

Yes, it is welded to the subframes at the sides and also bolts to the tunnel mounts further in.

Thanks JA

By the way nice Goat.