Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brakes make click sound?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes make click sound?

About 3 months ago I had the front Brakes on my 02 Z28 replaced at a local brake shop. At that time it needed new rotors too. Was the first time since the car was new that I needed to do anything with the brakes. I had Cermamic pads put on and didn't like them(didn't hold good at track and gave out when hot around turns). Ever since I had the brakes done I have heard a click that sounds like it is coming from the drivers side front brake. I went in and told the shop I didn't like the Ceramic pads and could they put some premium semi metallic ones on. I also told them about the click. It doesn't do the click sound all the time, normally when you don't use the brakes for awhile then go to tap them you hear a click clunk sound. They checked over the brakes and said everything was good, replaced the pads with semi metallic and around corners they don't let out like the cermaic pads did. Still nowhere as good as stock though, but getting the click sound. any ideas? Do the F Bodys have shims or are the factory pads thicker etc... not sure what could be causing this sound and could be the performance difference in the brakes if they are moving a little and causing the anti lock the come on. Haven't seen a light at all even when I feel them give out and catch again. Straight line stopping is great though. would appreciate any suggestions.