Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable LCAs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable LCAs

I just ordered some Adjustable LCAs for my car. Im just wondering will I need to do anything with the torque arm to allow the LCAs to adjust the rear end. I have a radom tech adjustable torque arm as well. It just seems like that all ties together. So Im wondering how to make it all work and work right.. What Im trying to do is push the rear back a little bit, because it sits a little to far forward in the wheel well since I put in the 12 bolt and BMR LCAs that are non adjustable. This also made it a real tight fit for the drive shaft to go in which I know is not good either, hince the reason I want to push it back. Any help on this would be greatly apriciated...
Old 09-11-2005, 02:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That should be fine. The torque arm will simply slide forward and backward, so you don't have to worry about that. I would either set both the new arms exaclty the same, put them on and then adjust both sides the same number of turns so that you can adjust the axle front to rear while keeping the arms equal in legnth. Or you could measure from the center of the front rims to the center of the rear rims and make sure they match from side to side. Or you could get a 4 wheel alignment to really make sure everything is lined up correctly.

Quick Reply: Adjustable LCAs