Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

break squeeking

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default break squeeking

My breaks are terribly annoying, they seem to squeek non stop. I recently had my breaks checked out and i was told the rotors were fine and same with the pads. I also get a crap load of dust on my rims(they turn almost black) takes for ever to clean just about every day. Now what is the deal here lol. Any suggestions on new pads or what?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

any body? lol
Old 09-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by formula001
any body? lol
Solution-Porterfield R4S Street compound......Most employees here run them (including myself) super low dust, very affordable, max efficiency under a large range of heat conditions. I could literally write you a book on how to fix brake squeaks with even the worst pads.....however I'd rather speak to you in person. Call me at number below if swapping pads is out of the question for you.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You bought a Pontiac, you should have gotten a Chevy!

It is pretty normal for squeaking to come and go with any disc brake. There is a special lube you can put between the caliper and the pad (not on the disk) that is supposed to help, but it has never worked for me. The best thing I can think of is to go out and do an ABS test or two (panic stop) to get them to seat a little different.