Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs after Moser

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs after Moser

I noticed a creaking when I first had my 12 bolt installed. However, I figured it was due to the muffler clamp rigging of the sway bar. Since then, the creaking has gotten unbearable...so I crawled underneath to take a look. For one, the damned bolts on the torque arm are loose...AGAIN ....

And the other thing I noticed was that the passenger side spring wasn't seated properly at all. After a comparison of the drivers side, I noticed it was missing what looks to be some type of retainer between the axle and spring. Anyone know how much this part would be? What to ask for at the parts counter?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Any chance you can take a picture of the driver's side and the passenger's side? I'm having trouble visualizing what part you mean.

-Mike
Old 09-16-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Not the greatest pictures since I took them with my camera phone...but here's what the spring SHOULD look like (Driverside)

And the passenger side (eeeeeek) Sorry for all the crap on there. Buddy decided to lube er up to make the squeak go away

Old 09-16-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

Hard to tell from the pics but looks like one spring is in upside down. I don't think there is supposed to be anything between the spring and the rear end housing...
Old 09-17-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

10-4, I had an epiphany last night and thought the same thing. Going to drop it and flip it around to see how that works

Quick Reply: Springs after Moser