Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone with this bilstein package

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone with this bilstein package

- im looking to lower my car 1" and getting a good daily driver suspension that cud also hadle a beating with mickey thompsons once in a while and ive been drooling over this bilstein package,

http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?ac...&vid=3&pcid=90 133-BTS-7501 Bilstein Suspension Kit, 1993-02 F-BodyIncludes 4 Matched Shocks and Springs. Lowers vehicle approximately 1 inch.

to me this looks sooo good, plus they offer a liftime warranty, any reviews on this package or comments on bilstein thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Thats the kit I've been debating on. I found the same set on ebay for like $569. You should check it out. I'm still researching this setup before I make my final decision.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds interesting. Get it and let us know.

I was not aware that bilstein shocks were made for a lifetime. I'm sure it's more of a marketing ploy than a true statement.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

- yea im sure there are a lot of loop holes in the lifetime warranty, after reading some posts it seems that it is vital for the spring / shock setup to compliment each other in order for a good set-up, which is why i like this bilstein package so much. What qualties or specs do u need to look for so you can have a winning combo. As an example is ther any reason this setup would'nt work well together - Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks 1993-2002 F-Body, Complete Set Front & Rear with BMR Fabrication 1" Lowering Springs, 1993-2002 V8 F-body. im still way off from installing anything, im building up the cash and learing as much as possible to get the best set-up the first time.

Last edited by 01bird58; 09-16-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well from what I have heard the slp eibach/bilstein combo is the best of both worlds. You get great handling and good comfort for daily driving. The shocks sre specifically valved for the springs.

I personally have the non-slp eibach/bilstein combo. The handling is awesome but the ride took a good minute to get use to. It's a little rough for me. When it's time to get new shocks I will opt for the slp revalved bilstein shocks.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

- thanks for sharing your combo, have u brought your ride to the track with your current set-up on street or drag tires, if so how'd it hold up
Old 09-16-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

With my before mentioned setup and lca relo-brackets, on street tires I hit a 2.0 60' foot. Not bad at all.

I just got some nitto drag radials and spohn lca's, so I am eager to hit the track again and see some improvements.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

- those two mods shud def help considerably, eager to hear a result, good luk
Old 09-23-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

There is a reason that hardly anyone on here is running the 133-BTS-7501 Bilstein Suspension Kit.

The shocks are the standard HD shock that is designed to work with the stock spring height and spring rate. These shocks have not been revalved and the ride is harsh and stiff with this kit because they just aren't matched up well with the spring operational parameters.

Most people return to the stock springs, have the shocks revalved, or remove the system altogether.

BTW-Koni has an excellet warrenty:

Q: What is theKONI warranty? How do I go about getting replacements?

A: The KONI warranty is a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship and against wear out for as long as you own that car registered for street use. The warranty does not cover damage to the parts caused by misuse, misapplication, installation, motorsports, etc. The warranty does not include mounting bushings. If you determine you have a defective damper you can either contact the company which you purchased the unit(s) from or contact KONI North America directly at warranty@koni-na.com or 859-586-4100. To process your warranty, we will require a copy of the purchase receipt and a vehicle registration. We will generate a return goods authorization (RGA) and can replace the dampers in advance at your discretion. For more specific information about the warranty see inside back cover of our technical guide.

Last edited by Weezzer; 09-23-2005 at 10:05 AM.