Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Linelock Install??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking SLP Linelock Install??

Does anyone have any pictures of their SLP Linelock? Where does everyone install the Solenoid? It looks like it would be hard to mount it on the firewall.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-23-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

ANYONE.....
Old 09-23-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a shot of mine if you can see it, note I also attatched the fuse holder of the line lock to the fuse main fuse holder as well.

Last edited by 618HAWK; 09-23-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
Here is a shot of mine if you can see it, note I also attatched the fuse holder of the line lock to the fuse main fuse holder as well.
Uhhh, there's too much chrome to really make out anything. Oh yeah, and you have the sweetest engine bay I have ever seen. Totally awesome dude! Very ******' sweet!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks JOBLO
Theres not that much chrome........ Its there you can see it........Cant make the picture any bigger.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:15 AM
FormerVendor

We have two designs. The SLP unit locates their solenoid in the similar location as ours. This install location is rather difficult to mount the solenoid due to the components located near it. See picture.

We also have a top mount kit for the LS1 that is MUCH easier to mount. The solenoid is placed (if you look at the picture listed above), near the grounding bolt located on the top fender area.

Having both styles gives the user options also...some folks mount their other components near the front location...the top mount kit certainly is the easiest mounting option.

618, nice clean engine bay you have there:-)
Old 09-24-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 618HAWK

Thanks 618Hawk for the picture. Nice engine bay.

Bill
Old 09-24-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Talking

I have the solenoid installed with the lines. Which terminal on the solenoid is power (top or bottom)? The SLP writeup does not tell you. Since it is a switch I guess it should not matter.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-24-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Got it installed and it works great. Now have to just get use to using it.
Now if my Earl's Line would of fit I would be set. Still have stock lines.
Thanks everyone.

Bill

Old 09-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

steve any pics of your kit
Old 09-26-2005, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

We've got 4 different kits to choose from. The b001FM kit is very similar to what is listed above...the latter b001TM kits were designed for folks whom wanted an easier install. As you can see, the solenoid can be VERY difficult to mount since you need to drill screws to mount it properly. Getting a drill in the tight locaton is difficult. An angle drill works easier if you have one. The other hurst style kits are only available as a top mount option.

I highly suggest the b001 kits as they are the best bang for the buck. They all work equally well and retain the same benifits...the difference in cost is solely due to the LL solenoid.

...SLP used to forward their customers to our vendors (they were available through vendors only, not direct at one time). Since then SLP decided to create a similar bare bones setup.

Differences in their kit: Their line lock solenoid is not re-buildable nor does it include some important safety features. Ours include additional circuitry theirs do not. This important additional benefit not found in an SLP kit lets the user know when the system is armed via an LED light and most importantly a MASTER arm switch which completely disables the circuit when not in use.

Without the master arm circuit, your line lock is always live and can be activated accidentally without knowledge. Worst of all, they do not use a momentary switch to activate the line lock. You COULD switch it on by accident when you’re cleaning your car or a passenger switch it unaware of what he did. This can have bad consequences…at minimum line locks shouldn’t be activated for more then ~60seconds, by doing so, can burn it out. At worst, an accident can evolve due to your brakes locking and staying locked when you don’t want them to.

The way our kit works is: when you know your going to use the line lock, switch the master circuit on, the LED will illuminate. Now the line lock is ready for operation at will. When you’re ready to stage, heat up your tires, the line lock solenoid can be activated by depressing the momentary button. When you’re done using the line lock, switch the master circuit off so the line lock is permanently deactivated. Accidental deployment cannot occur now.

Many folks whom have purchased an SLP kit realized this was an issue and added the additional circuitry necessary to include this feature. The additional cost of ~15-20.00 is not necessary with our kit as it includes everything

With our kits, everything is included. Picturial examples are given with directions, kits are always in stock ready to ship. We provide install guidance if the customer needs additional assistance.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bill Bowling
Got it installed and it works great. Now have to just get use to using it.
Now if my Earl's Line would of fit I would be set. Still have stock lines.
Thanks everyone.
Bill
Got it installed. I think it looks good.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails SLP Linelock Install??-mvc-022s.jpg   SLP Linelock Install??-mvc-023s.jpg  
Old 10-02-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

how do the lines hook up?? do you have to drill anything or what, or do you remove one of the old lines and put the new one in its place???
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Easy install. just a matter of swapping out a couple of lines, installing solenoid, can see it real well in previous pic. Worst part is bleeding the brakes.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
how do the lines hook up?? do you have to drill anything or what, or do you remove one of the old lines and put the new one in its place???
You remove one line and have to drill two holes. Easy install.

Bill
Old 10-04-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Bill- nice details in the engine bay!! Where did you mount the switch for the line lock inside(pics if you have them) and did you install a "master" arm momentary switch?
I need to install my Hurst line lock but it didn't come with a master arm switch.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by Stark
Bill- nice details in the engine bay!! Where did you mount the switch for the line lock inside(pics if you have them) and did you install a "master" arm momentary switch?
I need to install my Hurst line lock but it didn't come with a master arm switch.
I just used the switch that came with the kit.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails SLP Linelock Install??-mvc-002s.jpg  
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bill Bowling
I just used the switch that came with the kit.

Bill
Cool. Thanks Bill