Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

will it give noticeable support

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005 | 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Default will it give noticeable support

ok well i heard that the stut tower brace is a great add on to fbodys, and i am also wondering if an adjustable panhard bar will give me support in the back aswell or should i get the sway bars??? i know for sure i am getting a BMR strut tower brace but dont know what to get to help support the back.
Old 09-30-2005 | 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

every peice you get will help.....

id at least get some
SFC
LCA's
PHB

and if you want to keep going id say

F&R sways
TQ arm
and maybe a STB.....

good luck!
Old 10-01-2005 | 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I highly recommend a stb -strut tower brace- before my subframe connectors the stb, was the best upgrade I have to the car in handling. Subframe connectore and stb make a great addition to the f-body.

I was told by a muffler shop who said one of the best hanlding mods you can do is replace all four shocks.
Old 10-01-2005 | 01:06 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Originally Posted by Z28LS1camaroguy
ok well i heard that the stut tower brace is a great add on to fbodys, and i am also wondering if an adjustable panhard bar will give me support in the back aswell or should i get the sway bars??? i know for sure i am getting a BMR strut tower brace but dont know what to get to help support the back.
If you plan on seriously drag racing the car, the STB isn't really needed. In fact there are those that say "no way" to the STB if you drag race the car at all. If you're a corner carver, then the STB is a nice addition. I drag race my 'bird alot, but I also have a BMR STB cause I like to "hot lap" a corner or two every now and then....

SFCs are certainly worth it. Along with the PHR, you might also consider some LCAs. Anything to help eliminate the dreaded wheel hop. I have all three of these items awaiting install on my car.

As stated above, everything you do will help.
Old 10-01-2005 | 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

even as far as road racing is concerned, the strut tower brace is more of a placebo and financial reduction mod. I occassionally open track my vehicle, and when I installed the strut tower brace, it made no difference whatsoever.

4th Generation Camaros have a front SLA suspension, not a MacPherson strut system, so why install a strut tower brace?