Front Control Arm Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Control Arm Bushings

What exactly will these do for me?
Other mods in sig if needed.
I also ordered the torq arm bushings as well. Fairly cheap. Let me know if this was a good idea or not.
Went with the poly motor and trans mounts from Thunder racing as well.
thanks

Last edited by asudecat; 09-29-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

anyone please??
Old 09-30-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone??
Will this give a better ride? Firm it up?
Or what exactly?
thanks
Old 09-30-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

hhmmmmmm.........
this is the suspension forum right?
also were the Poly Motor & Trans Mounts a good idea?
everyday driver. Very aggresive.
mods in sig
Old 10-01-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one probably responded because of the insane difficulty in taking th control arms off to just put on new bushings.

Not only that but the yellow font on your sig is REALLY annoying to read, so I that might also be a reason no one has responded to your post.

Not trying to be rude, I opened your forum to read about the control arms bushing too.

I am curious about what they will do also.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Better?
Well the car is torn apart anyways. Complete re-build. Yea I know it's have to switch out the bushings, so i've read.
Just wondering what differences it will make.
Also the poly trans and motor mounts.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I accidentally e-mailed my 1st sergent (spelling?) while I was in the USAF with the e-mail having a white background and yellow font. He was a quite a bit pissed off since he HAD to read the message. He sent a REALLY nasty letter to me and told me to never do it again (like it was personal attack sheesh). Of course I had already sent him another long *** memo (using the thinnest font available btw I have no idea why I did that...) before I read the one where he was pissed at me.

I still don't know why he didn't just highlight the letter with his mouse. I guess 29 years in the air force makes him so much smarter than a 21 year old that he couldn't just think of that. Maybe that is why they refused to promote him to chief and booted his dumb *** out after 29 years (they tried to kick him out at 28).

ANYWAY, the poly bushing on the control arms will probably be worth it stiffness wise if you already have it taken apart. I would do it if I was already at that phase. It would make it nice and tight I bet.

The motor mount will probably make the car vibrate quite a bit more from what I have heard. The rubber will dampen and the poly will not cushion like that. I believe the trans mount will also bring more drivetrain noise/vibration into the car (not noise as in audible but as in movement).

I wouldn't do the poly engine and trans bushings/mount on a daily or autox driver. Only if you were into drag racing and you did want the engine movement of rubber bushings making you lose hp, cuz I bet shaking your brains is worth half a centimeter in wasted torque.

I don't really know about that sort of thing in real life though, only in theory. It is a theory though that I am planning on following with my car (personally).

Quick Reply: Front Control Arm Bushings